Friday, December 17, 2010

Trying Out A New Camera

After dropping my camera into our pond (twice) and having it slip out of my hands and bounce down the bleachers at a baseball game, I finally had to admit I needed a new camera.  While Christmas shopping, we stopped at the electronics store and came across the new Sony NEX-3.  It was very light and promised to take near DSLR quality photos.  I decided to give it a try.

So far here is what I have discovered about this camera:

Pros
light weight - 2.2 lbs
video quality is good
quick shutter response time
continuous shooting at 7 frames per second


Cons
short battery life
navigation speed - the camera is slow when jumping between shoot mode and playback mode
there aren't many available lenses
flash has a weak range area

Here is a close up of my son taken with the camera.


Our dog

No comments:

Post a Comment